Exceeding industry standards on clinical consultant ratios, Pursue sets the bar high. The goal of the Pursue clinical team is to support its client organizations in achieving safe, effective and quality patient care. The Pursue clinical consulting team offers tools and expertise to help your organization develop customized protocols and implement best policies and procedures to achieve quality care. Whether we are educating your staff about new regulations or responding to recent inspections by regulatory agencies or accreditation bodies, the Pursue clinical team is ready to support you.
Pursue Health offers clinical consulting services including, but not limited to, the following:
- Daily interaction with clients
- Implementation and training on point-of-care software technology
- Structured QAPI (QAA) systems/processes
- Development of initiatives to give 30+ minutes back in time savings to allow clinicians more time with patients
- Physician services review
- Medical record review
- Policies and procedures development and implementation
- Comprehensive care planning
- Infection control consulting
- Wound care/pressure ulcer care and prevention consulting
- Pain management consulting
- Medication management consulting
- Clinical compliance reviews
- Mock surveys
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) consulting
Your business office is a vital component of your operations and is responsible for your financial controls. Pursue Health provides complete back office, billing services, and supports, which allow your staff to improve their productivity and accuracy. Medical debts are one of the largest segments of debt in the United States. We help our healthcare clients pursue collection of these debts in a way that is professional, timely, and amicable. We use modern approaches to keep ahead of the quick modernization of accounts and collection.
Pursue Health offers business offices and accounts receivable consulting services including, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide training on the latest changes with healthcare payor requirements
- Support with auditing of all processes
- Provide education on the latest billing requirements
- Support with “problem” claims
- Offer Centralized Billing Services
- Provide training for all business office functions
- Provide recommendations on customizing your processes and policies and procedures
Pursue Health can provide all of the resources necessary to successfully complete your company’s acquisition of an existing facility, new construction project or prior use conversion to healthcare.
Pursue Health’s consultants possess the experience to assist client organizations during the due diligence process with producing demographic, competition, property, and labor market analysis studies, and can assist in the evaluation of new business opportunities. Pursue Health can provide support with the financial forecasting that is critical when considering a new acquisition, a new development project, or modifications to an existing healthcare facility. Our consultants can also provide assistance with the management of your facility’s maintenance, housekeeping, physical plant, community layout, unit mix, amenities, and other key functional areas to assist in developing a successful and efficient healthcare business.
Pursue Health offers facility, plant maintenance, and construction consulting services including, but not limited to, the following:
- Financial forecasting & pro forma development for new development or acquisition targets
- Financing consultation
- Size and design
- Program design
- Start-up management consulting
- Maintenance, housekeeping and physical plant consulting
- Site identification
- Solicitation of pre-construction consultants
- Provide (insight) into owner furnished and/or installed items such as phones, computer systems, security systems, equipment, furnishings, etc.
- Move-in coordination/management selection
Offering business recommendations is what we are all about. We offer consulting, education, and project management solutions, through streamlined and efficient processes that are designed to help our client organizations achieve results and sustain progress toward their goals.
Our team has encountered a wide variety of operational matters over their combined years of experience, which allows our client organizations to gain the benefit of the best practices they have developed. Our consultants are skilled at evaluating a healthcare company’s operations, including, but not limited to: human resources, clinical services, food service, maintenance, housekeeping, information systems, business office, activities, and the physical environment. Pursue’s operational consultants offer the tools and expertise regarding best practices and processes to help your organization develop its own customized protocols, and implement policies and procedures to achieve quality care.
Pursue Health’s licensing team can provide expert guidance to help navigate the complex licensing issues a healthcare company can face. We assist our client organizations with avoiding costly delays by working directly with state and federal licensing authorities.
Pursue Health offers operational consulting services including, but not limited to, the following:
- Executive management consulting and support with operational opportunities
- Assessment, advice and support with financial systems
- Risk management support
- Purchasing recommendations
- Healthcare design
- Marketing and media resources
- Market analysis
The evolution of healthcare reform—in particular, the emergence of third party and managed care payors—has contributed new elements that require increasingly complex, structured agreements. A strong managed care contract—like any other form of business agreement—is clear, consistent, comprehensive, and concise. It will conform to both the intent of the parties, setting out their respective rights and responsibilities, and the requirements of state and federal law.
Pursue Health offers payor contract consulting services including, but not limited to, the following:
- Investigation of Managed Care Organizations to assess market share, stability, solvency and reputation
- Analysis of contracted terms/covered services
- Utilization review program requirements
- Mechanisms for payment
- Termination provisions
- Education on the requirements of various government payors
- Negotiating contracts, maintaining and updating credentialing
Pursue Health’s compliance consulting services are designed to help your organization create, implement, and maintain a comprehensive compliance program that adheres to the Office of Inspector General’s guidelines. Your compliance program should provide a mechanism that will help identify and reduce fraud and abuse; avoid potential HIPAA violations; fulfill your duty to ensure that false or inaccurate claims are not submitted to the government and private payors; enhance operational functions; and improve the quality of healthcare services. Working with you, we proactively and cost-effectively mitigate compliance, data privacy, and data security risks, resulting in a stronger organization with improved financial viability as a result of accurate reimbursement for the services.
Pursue Health offers compliance consulting services including, but not limited to, the following:
- Development of auditing and monitoring processes
- Development of custom compliance plans
- Development of compliance policies and procedures
- Governance structure and support
- Regulatory and industry updates
- Hotline hosting
- HIPPA and general regulatory compliance program development and effectiveness reviews
- Physician and vendor contract management
- Compliance education and training
Your accounting and finance department is a vital element of your organization and is responsible for your financial viability. Pursue Health provides the complete accounting and finance services needed to support the management of your organization’s finances. In addition to the financial consulting and collections services offered by Pursue Health, utilizing our optional Centralized Billing Office (CBO) can give you the extra time and peace of mind you need to efficiently manage your healthcare business.
Most businesses spend countless hours managing internal finance and accounting functions that can often detract from what they do best. Ongoing pressures to optimize business performance have prompted many executives to look for new approaches. To help businesses re-engage with their core functions and liberate time for other important activities (and what they want to be doing), many of the accounting and finance processes and functions that must be done to maintain compliance can be outsourced. These services include helping businesses to understand more about their costs, revenue, and opportunities. With Pursue’s finance, governance, and industry experience, we can help you gain better visibility into your accounting, payroll, and compliance requirements.
All operational accounting processes and functions—including patient and resident billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll—are monitored by Pursue Health, and detailed reports are produced and delivered on a timely basis to the management team of its client organizations. The goal of our financial consultants is to provide transparency through complete and accurate financial records that is customized to meet the specifications of our client organizations and industry standards.
Pursue Health offers financial consulting services including, but not limited to, the following:
- Accounting & finance operations support
- Cash flow and cost management support
- Cost reporting
- Budgeting, forecasting and financial analytics
- Support with the development, maintenance and improvement of governance standards
- Provide standard and customized reporting
- Collaboration with tax consultants and outside financial institutions
Pursue Health offers a variety of HR, payroll, and benefits consulting services that help your healthcare business remain in compliance with various employment regulations. Pursue Health also gives you access to comprehensive employee benefits, and leverages its negotiating and buying power to get you competitive employee benefits at affordable rates.
The goal of Pursue’s HR consultants is to make sense of complex and constantly changing labor and employment laws. We accomplish this by helping our client organizations with developing and implementing customized policies and procedures based on their unique needs. Pursue Health assists in minimizing the risk associated with potential violations of a myriad of complex laws, delivering mandatory employee training that is practical, and addressing various employee management matters in a cost-effective manner.
Pursue Health offers Human Resources, payroll, and benefits consulting services including, but not limited to, the following:
- HR department structural and operational consulting
- Customer-tailored payroll services
- Union negotiations support
- Detailed payroll reports
- Comprehensive risk management, workers’ compensation and loss-prevention program consulting
- Employee safety consulting
- Employee benefits consulting
- Employee handbook and employment policy consulting
- Employee recruiting, screening, onboarding and orientation support
- Employee training and development consulting
- Employee testing, performance management and evaluations consulting
- Support with employee disciplinary actions, employment investigations and terminations
- Labor law compliance consulting
- Wage and hour compliance support
- Records retention consulting
Technology is at the forefront of almost every decision you will make for your healthcare business. Pursue Health understands this and provides strategic consulting solutions that allow you get back to what you love—taking care of your patients.
Cloud based technologies have dramatically changed the software world, which is why we have chosen to partner with the top cloud based applications on the market today. Using cloud technology, we are able to provide you with the fastest and most reliable access to applications. We are also able to assist our client organizations with implementing state of the art operational systems that are utilized for functions such as financial reporting, compliance and education programs, and electronic healthcare systems that will streamline your healthcare business.
Pursue Health offers information technology consulting services including, but not limited to, the following:
- 24/7 service desk support
- Technology governance
- Interactive data analytics and business intelligence consulting
- Support with managing “problem” claims
- Assistance with providing customized reports based on each client’s individual needs
- Health Information Technology (HIT) consulting
- IT strategy consulting
- Fully electronic and mobile charting
- HIPAA secure communications consulting
- Training for all business office positions
- Emergency preparedness and disaster recovery consulting
- Cybersecurity consulting